We draw upon the world’s secular and religious traditions, respecting the perspectives of both doubter and believer.
for us that welcomed
our child into our faith
but also blessed
our entire family
and our friends
as we shared our joy
|Baptism, child blessing,
naming, and other terms are used to celebrate the dedication of a child
into divine care. Your own religious traditions are important in creating
a ceremony that honors your child and gathers those close to you around
you for the sacred occasion.
Chapel is an exceptionally beautiful site for your ceremony, and I
am delighted to assist you in planning it and leading it.
To help in planning
and to prepare the certificate, these points may be useful:
Or we can complete the planning by email and over the phone by using the form linked here.
Dr Vern Barnet, ordained in 1970, founded CRES in 1982 as a multi-faith resource for Kansas City, and in 1989 created the Greater Kansas City Interfaith Council. For eighteen years, his column, “Faiths and Beliefs,” appeared each Wednesday in The Kansas City Star into his retirement.4. Fees
Fees for the minister’s services are included
with Pilgrim Chapel arrangements.
Email me, email@example.com
Pilgrim Chapel and I want planning
At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked,
Who is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven? He called a little child
to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you,
unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter
the kingdom of Heaven. . . . . Whoever receives on such child in my name
|b. adapted from KAHIL GIBRAN’S
Your children are not your children.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to
make them like you.
|c. adapted from
of the Family Medallion (R)
copyright 2004 Clergy Services, Inc.
In the Scriptures, a basis for family relationships
is found in the Book of Ecclesiastes. “Two are stronger than one,” it says,
“and a cord of three strands is not easily broken.”
Please download the Planning PDF here or copy the following into an email with your responses (or mail to Vern Barnet, Box 45414, Kansas City, MO 64171):
1. What is the child's name?
2. When and where was the child born born?
3. What are the full names of her parents?
4. Who will be present for the ceremony? -- Will siblings be present? If so, what are their names and ages?
5. Will designate sponsors or godparents be selected? What is their relationship to the child?
6. Would you like this to be a specifically Christian baptism or use materials from other traditions?
7. Do you have readings to be part of the ceremony? Who will read them?
8. Is live or recorded music part of your wish?
9. Do you plan to engage a photographer or will one of your guests take pictures?
10. If you have specific ideas for the ceremony, a ceremony from your own tradition, or if would like me to send you a sample standard service, let me know.
11. Normally I provide a Certificate, a rosebud,
and a beeswax baptismal candle as mementos of the ceremony. Click on the
links to see a sample Cerificate and the program folder.
11a. Might you have additional wishes?
12. Fees are arranged through Pilgrim Chapel.
Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage! -- at Pilgrim Chapel , with a rehearsal the day before,
Catherine may have already
sent you this link with helpful information:
Wherever you are in your preparations, you may find it useful to download the planning sheet at http://www.cres.org/work/WedPlan-PC.pdf .
I'll be happy to visit with you to arrange exactly the kind of wedding you want. Let me know when you are ready. We can schedule a time to meet by email, or you can call my desk 816 753 1633.
I look forward to meeting you and celebrating your wedding!
So glad this will work! This will give us plenty of time to design the kind of wedding you want. Let's meet at the "default" location mentioned on the website, the Westport Coffee House, 4010 Pennsylvania. It's about a mile west of Pilgrim Chapel. I'm eager to help make the wedding planning process part of the excitement of your preparations!