The Reverend Vern Barnet, DMn
bio page CRES minister emeritus firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters of Recommendation and Evaluation
Because I receive so many requests for letters of recommendation or completion of forms, and because I certainly want to respond as soon as possible, please assist me by preparing a draft for me to work from. Write as if you were me. Do not hesitate to put flattering words about yourself in my mouth. You want this to be a strong recommendation, so imagine the best. I'll take responsibility for what I ultimately produce, and I will be honest, of course, but your guidance in drafting it will be a great help for me with the time crunch.
If appropriate, you may want to include this information. It need not be in this order or in this format; write in a way most appropriate to the person or agency requesting the recommendation or evaluation.
You can email me the material as plain text in the body of the email to email@example.com; or if a particular paper form is required, photocopy it and complete it for me, and send it and the blank original to me at
- the capacity in which I would be making the recommendation (ie, teacher, pastor, friend . . . .)
- the time I have known you, and to what degree
- how my recommendation is appropriate to the purpose for which you wish to be recommended
- the nature of the purpose for which you wish to be recommended and the skills, backgrounds, and energies that I have observed relevant to that purpose.
- specific incidents, projects, circumstances, accomplishments, capacities
Kansas City, MO 64171.
In some cases it may be best to work on the final draft together over coffee.
I do want to help, and this is how you can help me help you.